Senior Web Engineer
Promise is changing the way America invests and is partnering with its startup partner Passfolio App to be the new Robin Hood for the rest of the world. We believe our financial system should work for everyone and not just a few. We offer commission-free trading for stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies—all in one, user-friendly platform, but available to anyone anywhere in the world.
About the Role
Join our small and high-impact team. At Promise and Passfolio, our web engineers work on two different products: the consumer-facing web product our users love and the operational backbone that powers this and our other Promise products.
As a member of our web consumer team, you’ll contribute towards building our first web product, a rich client-side web application that powers the next generation of Promise.
As a member of the web operations team, you’ll build core frontend infrastructure and tooling to enable other developers to ship domain-specific applications across the financial industry.
Please note, during the interview process, you’ll work with our hiring managers to mutually decide which team best suits both your interests and skills (web operations or consumer web).
As a Web Engineer, you will:
- Architect new consumer features and reusable UI paradigms using ReactJS
- Lead the product from inception to launch, and own large parts of the product’s execution
- Build and test products to support Promise brokerage operations
- Collaborate with brokerage and market specialists to rapidly iterate on the product
- Design frameworks and tools that empower other developers
Some things we consider critical to being a Web Engineer:
- Understanding of functional and reactive programming paradigms
- Great design intuition and user empathy
- Passion for supporting power user and building developer tools
- Familiarity with Python/Django and Go (bonus points)
- Core tech stack
- Redux + Redux Saga
- Babel + Webpack + Sassy CSS (SCSS)
- Django and Go on the backend
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Promise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Promise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
- Restricted Stock Equity
- Company Meals
- Full Medical and Dental coverage
What skills will you have acquired:
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to think fast and thoroughly
- Comfortable working in problem domain with a high degree of unknowns
- Excellent communication skills
- Secure Coding
- Ability to analyze security on large scale systems
- Designing, working with, and scaling distributed systems
Promise and Passfolio is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [email protected]